Here are some things I have been sent away to think about after another tutorial with both Amelia and Martyn:
- The element of self discovery so far.
- What happens to these deadly cells when they receive treatment
- The fact and idea that they’re actually living things that carry an innocence with them as they do NOT grow with intention to harm.
- They exist, so what is their existence?
- Our bodies are their home, WE grow it. it is OURS.
- These inherited diseases are part of being a human, part of our families before us that pass down into our genes and follow us throughout our lives.
- Re-humanising the cancer cells I will be looking at
- The narrative of this subject matter, the voice, the story.
- To really understand all of this, I need to explore further and develop a strong understanding of my subject matter.
SOMETHING TO REALLY CONSIDER: Helps with- NARRATIVE.
Martyn mentioned mustering up a creative piece of writing with my cancer cells as the main characters. By doing this, this may help me to understand what voice I want my work to have, and by writing this out beforehand (Clearly I am very chatty and my sketchbooks are mostly filled with my thought-vomit just trying to figure everything out) so I think this would be a great idea).